35 Uses for Peppermint Essential Oil

Peppermint is one of the most versitile essential oils on the market today. Here is a list that I have compiled of 35 uses! Keep a copy of this list nearby your essential oil collection. If you haven’t tried essential oils yet, peppermint is where you should start. Come join the Peppermint Campaign today!
  1.  Use 1 drop of Peppermint oil in a mug of hot water instead of tea. 1 drop equals 24 bags of peppermint tea!
  2.  Inhale Peppermint oil or from the palms of your hands to help with nausea.
  3. Rub 1-2 drops of Peppermint oil on tummy to help with stomachache.
  4.  Mix  3-4 drops of Peppermint  with water in a spray bottle and spray the back of your neck while working outside for a great cooling effect.
  5.  Leave your aspirin at home.  Peppermint helps with headaches and migraines!
  6.  Pain from bumps can be alleviated with a drop of Peppermint.
  7. #Bumped your leg? A drop or two of Peppermint oil can keep bruises at bay.
  8. Mom’s add a drop or two of Peppermint oil to your child’s shampoo and protect them from lice!
  9.  Dandruff? Use some Peppermint on your scalp!
  10. Sinusitis, asthma, bronchitis, cold and cough can be treated with peppermint.
  11.  Use Peppermint oil instead of breath freshener before you kiss your hubby!
  12. A drop or two of Peppermint oil on a cold wet cloth used over the eyes can help reduce your stress level.
  13.  Use Peppermint on cotton balls to deter mice.
  14. Spray Peppermint mixed with water to prevent ants and beetles.
  15. Spray diluted Peppermint on your clothing to deter Mosquitoes!
  16. Use Peppermint diluted on the skin to reduce itching from hives.
  17. Need to concentrate? Inhale Peppermint oil from your palms or use a diffuser! Great for classrooms!
  18.  Pain from arthritis? Use a drop of Peppermint on those aching joints.
  19. Keep Peppermint oil in the car on your commute to stay alert. Add a drop to a napkin, and place in the a/c vent.
  20.  Use Peppermint Oil on your scalp to help regulate the PH to combat both dry scalp and oily hair!
  21.  I put I few drops around the garage door and back door to eradicate the shrews here in Alaska.  - Gayle
  22. Snoring problems?? A friend of mine puts a drop of peppermint in an 8 oz. glass of water every night for her husband who snores LOUDLY. He drinks a couple of swallows just before bed time and it works like a charm. When she occasionally forgets to do this, those are the nights he snores like a bear
  23. I have had several occasions when ants thought that a place in my home was a wonderful place to move into. I simply watch and determine where their entry point into the house is and put a few drops of peppermint oil around the area where they are coming in. Apparently ants really dislike peppermint oil because they abruptly stop coming in and don’t return. I very seldom have to do repeat applications for the same spot. Works like a charm and the ants stay outdoors where they belong.
  24. Helps with inflammation and pain from carpel tunnel.
  25. Teachers, diffuse in classroom during tests to help students attention span and concentration.
  26. Mix Peppermint and Lavender to deter mosquitoes from babies and small children
  27. Woke up this morning with a junk food hang over, rubbed pepperment oil around my naval for my upset stomach and above my eyebrow for my headache….I’m feeling much better now. – Sandy
  28. Woke up with a terrible crick in my neck this morning. I have 6 horses to massage today and that’s no time for me to be sore! Rubbed some peppermint oil directly on the crick and further down where the muscles were sore about 10 minutes ago and it’s already relaxed! – Lisa
  29. Use in a compress for  hemorrhoids.
  30. A drop of peppermint oil on the jawline used after tooth extraction helps with pain and swelling.
  31. Massage 2-3 drops onto the chest or drop into a humidifier to clear sinus and lung congestion and support normal breathing
  32. Massage several drops on your abdomen, place a drop on the tip of the tongue or wrists, or inhale to soothe motion sickness or general nausea
  33. Research by Alan Hirsch, MD, shows that inhaling peppermint essential oil helps trigger a sense of fullness. Inhale 5-10 times a day to curb appetite
  34. Rub a drop or two of peppermint into legs for restless leg syndrome.
  35. Peppermint oil can help reduce fungal infections

Come join the Peppermint Campaign today!

Comments

1. This oil has many great properties. It has multi purpose benefits in everything. Thanks for this sharing.

2. Lisa says:

I use coconut oil and a drop of peppermint on my toothbrush in place of toothpaste. It makes my mouth feel super clean.

• Interesting mix. I can’t say I’ve ever thought of, or heard of, this particular mix for a toothepaste. Sounds cool, though, Lisa! I’ll have to try it out for myself :)

-Josh

• Interesting mix, actually am fed up of these chemical filled tooth paste. Thanks for sharing your secret remedy, will try.

3. I had not thought of the belly button as a place to put the oil. The little biting bugs that get through window screens were repelled by placing a rag on the sash with peppermint oil and eucalyptus oil. Glad I found your site.

4. I have one more! A few sniffs of peppermint EO for hot flashes.

• Nancy says:

How do I go about using this for hot flashes, I’m having a very ruff time with these!

5. Kristi says:

Just a reminder that peppermint eo isn’t safe
    for cats. You might not want to do some of these if you share your home with furry friends.

6. Michelle Noel says:

I use 15 drops of peppermint oil with 10 drops of tea tree oil mixed with 8oz of water as a disinfectant for my yoga mat and towel. It works great to get rid of that nasty foot and sweat smell. I wish everybody at the studio used it!

7. Billee says:

I use peppermint oil behind my daughters ears for migraine.

8. robin canfield says:

Thanks so much for this information,we are so excited to find all the wonderful GOD given remadies for our ailments instead of toxic chemicals compounded id some lab.

9. Thanks for this information! It’s really helpful in my research..

10. Anastacia says:

I once had a fever for a few days and nothing was breaking it (and I’m very stubborn and hate doctors) and my grandma came into my room and rubbed a few drops on my feet. I took a nap and when I woke up the fever was gone. I doubted the effects of peppermint oil, but after this, I was a believer.

11. Dooes anybody know the way to mix peppermint with vinegar and cookingoil for fleas?

• Georgia, you dont need to mix it with either for your pets or home. Just putbit on your hand and pet your dog or cat. I diffuse for fleas and ither insects or put 20 drops in a bottle mixed with a tsp of epson salt to disperse, then fill spray bottle with water. Spray where needed.

12. i m in love with polka

13. nteresting mix. I can’t say I’ve ever thought of, or heard of

14. Debbie Workinger says:

I have two cats so, as lng as it is not on them directly is it okay? Also can I use it on my Golden retriever?

• Debbie, I would use it with a carrier oil for your daughter, but most older kids and adults handle peppermint neat (by itself) without any problems. Young Living peppermint is perfectly fine to use on cats and dogs because it is not adulterated. I do not recommend using any other brand of oils on cats because additives can be toxic.

15. Debbie Workinger says:

Do I need to place it with a carrier oil? Can I use it on my daughter undiluted? She will be 2. Also can I use it on my Golden retriever?

16. Dee says:

I apply peppermint eo on cold sores and they disappear quickly. I’ve also used it to gargle with the last time I had a canker sore. :)

17. Sandhi Sudha oil is herbal treatment for joints and surrounding tissue. It is made from rare medicinal plant extracts from the Himalayan. When applied to the skin, it works by acting on the outer tissue of the joint and eventually helps in regeneration of lost synovial fluid. This is made possible by increased blood flow to the joint. This help in repair of the damaged tissue sandhi sudha

18. Sandhi Sudha oil is herbal treatment for joints and surrounding tissue. It is made from rare medicinal plant extracts from the Himalayan. When applied to the skin, it works by acting on the outer tissue of the joint and eventually helps in regeneration of lost synovial fluid. This is made possible by increased blood flow to the joint. This help in repair of the damaged tissue.

19. Sandhi Sudha oil is herbal treatment for joints and surrounding tissue. It is made from rare medicinal plant extracts from the Himalayan. When applied to the skin, it works by acting on the outer tissue of the joint and eventually helps in regeneration of lost synovial fluid. This is made possible by increased blood flow to the joint. This help in repair of the damaged tissue sandhi sudha

20. There is no miracle when it comes to treating addiction and the same thing can be said about oxycodone addiction treatment. It is the responsibility of an addict to make it happen through determination and willingness to follow through their treatment. The support of an addict’s family and friends is also needed for one to completely recover from oxycodone addiction. The support of your loved ones is very important because they will help you take your treatment in a positive way. Oxycodone addiction is a big problem and it is necessary to have the support of your family even some them may be annoying.no addiction

21. Drug addiction is a term that is often used interchangeably with drug dependency. These two terms generally refer to the same thing- the inability to function without use of a certain drug. There are different levels of addiction and each has its particular characteristics. This dependency can be really subtle, for instance; being unable to go to sleep before you have had a sip of some alcoholic drink.no addiction

22. The Marijuana addicts suffer from several conditions once they try to stop using this drug. Among the conditions, which they undergo through, include loss of appetite, sleeplessness, dizziness, craving of drugs, at sometimes some experience disordered eating, irritability, depression, mental problems among other suffering.no addiction

23. Sandhi Sudha oil has been proven to repair joints that have little or no synovial fluid. On application to the paining knee, the oil penetrates through the skin and increases the lubrication in the knee joint. It does so by improving the blood flow in the body parts over and around the joint. The increase in blood flow stimulates the synovial membrane to produce and release more synovial fluid to the knee joint. The fluid increases the lubrication and thus restores smoothness and stickiness in the joint, getting it back to normal operation. The knee then regains its former strength and stability.

24. Treatment for meth addiction is usually observational and mainly focuses on symptomatic relief. Long term treatment usually involves interventions such as peer support ,harm- reducing counseling , rehabilitation and detoxification , and the twelve –step support.no addiction

25. Smoking addiction cannot be blamed for your interest and can be strengthened with emotional factors. Knowing the reasons and ultimate gain that you are getting after smoking should be noted down. This makes easier to stop smoking. The habit of smoking changes from your younger age to the older. The passion or fashion of smoking leads to fear and care about your health.no addiction

26. Ayurveda treatment has its roots from the ancient Hindu religion , a traditional Vedic method involved to treat ailments and rejuvenate the body . It is a natural process of curing the ailment with usage of herbs . Considering the Mother earth to have all the cures for health problems , thus using the natural habitat ingredients to find a solution for the most effective treatment . The treatment can be classified into 4 regions namely – SHODAN or cleansing , SHAMAN or palliation, RASAYANA or rejuvenation and SATVAJAYA or mental hygiene. The main aim of the ayurveda is to rectify the root cause of the pain and give permanent relief. sandhi sudha

27. Ayurveda treatment has its roots from the ancient Hindu religion , a traditional Vedic method involved to treat ailments and rejuvenate the body . It is a natural process of curing the ailment with usage of herbs . Considering the Mother earth to have all the cures for health problems , thus using the natural habitat ingredients to find a solution for the most effective treatment . The treatment can be classified into 4 regions namely – SHODAN or cleansing , SHAMAN or palliation, RASAYANA or rejuvenation and SATVAJAYA or mental hygiene. The main aim of the ayurveda is to rectify the root cause of the pain and give permanent relief. sandhi sudha

28. Finding a recovering alcoholics support group is also of great importance. When you surround yourself with people who also want to stop drinking like you, it gives you moral support. It is also an avenue to share your experiences with each other; what made you decide to stop drinking, the challenges you are facing and what your expectations are Avoid temptations.no addiction

29. Sandhi Sudha oil is herbal treatment for joints and surrounding tissue. It is made from rare medicinal plant extracts from the Himalayan. When applied to the skin, it works by acting on the outer tissue of the joint and eventually helps in regeneration of lost synovial fluid. This is made possible by increased blood flow to the joint. This help in repair of the damaged tissue. sandhi sudha

30. Addiction should not be confused with a habit. It is very unfortunate that most people, especially the victims, do not know how to differentiate the two. A habit is carried out by choice and at any moment you may decide to stop, and will consequently stop successfully if you want to.
    Addiction on the other hand has a physical or psychological component. You cannot control the doing or taking without help due to the physical and mental conditions involved. In summary, with addiction you do not or cannot not control your choices; while with habit, you do or can control your choices. no addiction

31. Drug abuse is the use of substance/drug in amount or methods which are harmful to one’s body. However drug abuse also includes taking psychoactive drugs for reasons other than therapeutic. Different people abuse various drugs depending on factors such as environment, cost of the drug and availability of the drugs. This article describes drug and alcohol abuse. no addiction

32. Sandhi Sudha oil is herbal treatment for joints and surrounding tissue. It is made from rare medicinal plant extracts from the Himalayan. When applied to the skin, it works by acting on the outer tissue of the joint and eventually helps in regeneration of lost synovial fluid. This is made possible by increased blood flow to the joint. This help in repair of the damaged tissue. sandhi sudha

33. An addiction is a compulsive need you might have to regularly have or do something beyond moderation. We will take a look at some of the most recognizable effects of drugs abuse as well as the types of addiction.When you fall victim to any type of addiction, you lose your sense of freedom. You end up getting stressed and this is not healthy because stress is known to cause depression which is harmful to your mental health. no addiction

34. Sandhi Sudha oil is herbal treatment for joints and surrounding tissue. It is made from rare medicinal plant extracts from the Himalayan. When applied to the skin, it works by acting on the outer tissue of the joint and eventually helps in regeneration of lost synovial fluid. This is made possible by increased blood flow to the joint. This help in repair of the damaged tissue. sandhi sudha

35. You will need to get rid of all the alcohol in your possession. Then you will need to inform friends and relatives of your intentions. You should keep away from those who can influence you to star your drinking habit again. Keep track of a drinking diary and this will help you keep to your goal. Evaluate your performance consistently.no addiction

36. Going natural is a means of the future as artificially produced product can be unpredictable basing on their chemical structure and our body reaction to them, thus treating shoulder pain with a natural product can be healthier and even more promising.
    Sandhi sudha is a natural pain relief drug that is recommended even for hospice care organisation and has received positive review from this institutions, it is used as a symptomatic treatment/pain relief.
    In recent days medicine is drifting towards herbal medicine of which has proven effective with most of this herbal medicine being approved by the food and drugs associatin FDA including the sandhi sudha. Doctors are reverting to prescribing sandhi sudha especially to patients with shoulder pain and other bodilly pains that only require a pain reliever, but also it can be self prescribed. It has proven to be the best and effective way of handling and treating your shoulder pain problems, be it you are a young person or an elderly person, the sandhi sudha knows no boundariess when it comes to pain relief. sandhi sudha

37. A slimming belt is also referred to as a weight loss belt or a sauna belt. It is wrapped around the waist to help reduce the weight around the mid-section of the body. There are specially made of a durable fabric to help it to be used for longer periods. Some of these belts are designed to be worn for some few minutes usually fifteen while others are worn throughout the day. Women who are prone to increased weight around the tummy area commonly use a slimming belt to improve their health. Increased weight around the abdominal area can be caused by aging, giving birth and improper diet. The following benefits are associated slimming belts:

38. A sauna is a small room designed as a place to experience wet or dry heat sessions. Its high heat and steam makes a bather perspire. Many people enjoy saunas because of the warmth that they offer. Many people enjoy saunas simply for the warmth they offer, though more and more users are buying their own saunas to use at home because of the numerous health and social benefits they offer. Here are some sauna benefits.

39. A sauna is a small room designed as a place to experience wet or dry heat sessions. Its high heat and steam makes a bather perspire. Many people enjoy saunas because of the warmth that they offer. Many people enjoy saunas simply for the warmth they offer, though more and more users are buying their own saunas to use at home because of the numerous health and social benefits they offer. Here are some sauna benefits.

40. Sandhi Sudha is a topical Ayurvedic oil with Himalayan medicinal herb extracts that produce pain relief for the joints. Millions of users report pain relief in their shoulders, backs, knees, hands, wrists and other places within two weeks of regular applications. The joints are strengthened and Synovial Fluid in the joints increases which allows for greater flexibility of movement. sandhi sudha

41. Before use of the Sandhi Sudha oil, the patient is advised to see a doctor or a specialiost to diagnose the cause and effect of the pain before Sandhi Sudha is applied.For swollen joints and ankles, the patient is advised to use Sandhi Sudha, this reduces the pain and prevents the formation of pus which may lead to further secondary infections.Sandhi Sudha is available in both oil and cream form and thus the customer have a variety of choice. Any customer who uses the product and does not find the best results he/she desired is advised to communicate to the office for appropriate research and a way forward will be availed as soon as possible.The new Sandhi Sudha has been made in such a way that it can relieve one from other pains especially those that may be internal.Sandhi Sudha is manufactured in a country that is best known for high quality drugs and work in most parts of the world. sandhi sudha

42. Fruits provides our body with fiber that helps to reduce constipation and diarrhoea. Expectant mothers should exercise to enhance there body fitness. sport and games are more significant as they keep us fit trough sweating. sweating usually makes our body to eliminate the unwanted materials that are not necessary to our body. taking of alcoholic drinks should also be avoided since they kill body cells thus making our bodies weak and prone to infections. Basing on these ideology, we therefore find out that generally body fitness depends of our daily activities e.g. exercise, stress and the kind of food that we take or eat. Fat people should engage themselves in gymnastics and athletic activities so that they can burn the body calories and thus enhancing their body fitness. sandhi sudha

43. Why should we use natural sources to alleviate pain?
    It is better to use some herbal oils to get instant relief from any types of joint pain. As they are herbal, they can be used for a long time with no side effects on our health. Herbal products consist of carefully chosen ingredients from nature in perfect ratio that works on human body.
    One such herbal oil is Sandhi Sudha. It consists of pure natural sources and effective Asian herbs abundantly in oil form. It is made of trusted and useful ingredients that relieve numerous types of pains associated with bone depreciation due to old age, low density of calcium brought out by major health problems, and pain by the outcome of long hours of heavy work.
    sandhi sudha

44. Thank you for your sharing. I want to post quickly but I do not know the way. Your article helps me, thank you so much….
    Jobsdhamaka-info

45. I have been looking for something like this nice article great contant to be read in the entire artical got expand knowledge in this regarding field to be apply in my entire thinking Thanks for post this helpful post i need this post from more days. and i get so excellent massage.

46. Thank you for your sharing. I want to post quickly but I do not know the way. Your article helps me, thank you so much….http://www.sumona.in

47. Very informative article about oil. I like your post. Thanks for posting this amazing content.

Trackbacks

1. [...] The recipe called for a few essential oils, peppermint was not one of them but I bought it anyways because I found out some cool things about peppermint while I was searching around for natural cold remedies. I found out that when peppermint oil when applied to the forehead  can relieve a headache! Or you can put it on a wash cloth and lay it over your face for the same effect. Peppermint oil, due to its antiseptic properties, is useful for dental care. It removes bad breath and helps teeth and gums deal with germs. No wonder, it is added in numerous toothpastes. It is shown to help with nausea, stress, irritable bowel syndrome, hair and skin care, colds and mild asthma. You know those peppermints that are always stashed by the cash registers at restaurants? Next time when paying the bill, grab a handful of them and keep them in the cabinet at home. I read that those can help relieve a sore throat and it really works. I tried it out myself last week. The main active compound in peppermint is menthol and what we know about menthol is that it has a soothing, calming and numbing effect on sore throats. You can read about several more uses for peppermint oil right here: http://www.polkaspotfarm.com/2012/08/06/35-uses-for-peppermint-essential-oil/ [...]

2. […] 35 Uses For Peppermint Essential Oil […]